photo clousadventures-2_zps596f32bc.jpg

Friday 29 August 2014

Chapter 2b: Corvins Castle, Prislop Monastery and trip to Cluj

On Sunday morning unfortunately there was no yoga class, it was pouring outside and indoors was no place. So me and my friend decided that it was time to head towards new adventures. I knew that next to Hunedoara there is this amazing castle of which I've seen pictures and heard a lot. So after breakfast, we joined the Ayurveda class where we both found out that we have Vata Dosha. In Ayurveda, dosha is one of three bodily humors that make up one's constitution. There is no wonder I am Vata which is a mix of space and air. I am a libra (air sign) and I am very spiritual (not religious!) so space, Univers is fascinating me.

With that in mind we've started floating to Corvins Castle, Prislop Monastery and then all the way to Cluj. When we left it was raining but on our way there the sun came out and we didn't feel any rain from that point. 



Corvins Castle


It is also known as Hunedoara Castle and is a Gothic - Renaissance castle in Transylvania built in 1446. We were fascinated by its beauty. You can find more about its history, here.

Below are some pictures from the castle followed by our twisted experience at the Monastery.


Corvins Castle:





































































Prislop Monastery


After visiting this fantastic castle, we were told that we should go to Prislop Monastery where Arsenie Boca was buried. Well, as I said earlier I am not (very) religious, but I am spiritual. And this short trip to the Monastery proved (once again) how religion is manipulating people and  that it is a whole industry! I am sorry, don't want to get anyone offended, everybody is free to believe in whatever they want. 

Arsenie Boca was a great personality. He was a monk, a painter and theologian. Being very spiritual, he was helping the anti-communist parts so he got persecuted lots of times by the regime. Stories say that he was capable of doing wonders, heal people and so on. He was a great man, no doubt. While I was researching in order to write this post I found something that he said, and I could not agree more with his beliefs: Father Arsenie could see that people loved him and he was afraid they might fall into idolatry. He used to tell everyone: “You all come here for useful advice and then expect me to save you, but I cannot do that. I can only wake you up from the sins you have been living in. Because this life is short and the other one is eternal and I wouldn’t want to see you cry on the Judgement Day”. (source)

Well, but here is my point: he got buried at Prislpop and now there is a whole industry. 
OK, I can agree with the fact that you have to cover yourself, that you are not allowed to take pictures and so on. 
First of all, we had to park super far away, as there were SO many cars...so we walked for 30 min... then we got there, we had to cover our legs and got a skirt from there (which is OK, everywhere you have to do that) but then...inside there were so many people, fanatic people. And I can see that exactly what he was afraid of, it happened: it is idolatry. When you go to buy a candle (to light it in the church), the shop is selling about 40-50 (not kidding) books about Arsenie Boca. And omg, the vibe in there?! I felt suffocated, I felt sick while queuing. Happily, I got my candles and we continued to his grave. The "tradition" says that you have to bring a flower and you get another one from there as the flowers on his grave never die. So we did that too, before getting there we got a flower pot. 

The monastery is very nice, the surroundings are sooo peaceful, very colourful..lots of shades of green and of course, lots of flowers. So then, we queued at the grave for about 1h between lots and lots of people. And you don't wanna know how many stories we heard. You have to do that, and that, because of that, and then that. You could feel that people didn't come there with pure heart and intention, they came because ...just because. And then there was this thing: there is a tree there and someone told us that 3 days before Arsenie Boca died he went to the tree and a cross appeared. I'm sorry, but I am not believing this. That cross is man made, burned on the tree, facing exactly the direction where people are queuing. If I am wrong, I am sorry. But this is what I felt. 

Well, so we finally reached the grave, I wanted to leave the flower but I was told that there are too many flowers and I should take it home as it will bless my house. And there was this nun right there who told me that I should not keep the phone in the pocket as I will not reach home with it and I will loose it. And she said that, right when I was there, at the grave, trying to be in the moment and to say thanks for this life and for who I am... And BOOM ..she took me out of my balance. Like come on, let me do my prayer, let me leave and tap me on the shoulder while I'm heading outside. And she said it with a smile...a weird smile, weird vibe. 

Then we went to a little cave and all the way there, on the rocks it was money everywhere. Money, yes. People make a wish to a priest and leave money. I am sorry, but this is super f*cked up. Why something material!!? Money?! I like the flower thing more. You couldn't see the rocks...because there was money everywhere!

So, after this whole experience I had a very weird vibe. I couldn't find my place, I wasn't understanding anything and anyone from there. So we decided to take some water from a spring that was crossing the area and to chill a bit. And so we did...and suddenly there were tiny rainy drops out of the blue sky and I said in my mind "ok, nice, this will clear things a bit, thanks!" and then I turned and BANG!! an amazing rainbow was up in the sky. So...mood was up again, good vibes all the way and we left the place happily saying thanks for this twisted and wonderful experience.

The monastery is definitely a place to go, it's beautiful. And there is no doubt that Arsenie Boca was a great spiritual personality for Romania, but I repeat: I don't like this whole religious industry!




Prislop Monastery















No comments:

Post a Comment